How to Find Local Freight Forwarders in Chinaadmin
Looking for a perfect Freight Forwarder in China? Check this out.
- Check origin and destination addresses of your shipment: most of freight forwarders will give you quotes for a region but not necessarily for a specific city.
- If you are not fluent in English, have someone who is look over the documents, to make sure that you are not misled by terms and conditions proposed by freight forwarders.
- Choose carefully your shipping mode, the 3 options being:
- You should carefully evaluate the forwarder’s credit, reliability, and ability.
- Generally speaking, the service charges of Chinese forwarders are much cheaper. So you don’t need to pay much attention to it.
- Take into consideration the total volume and weight of your shipment: air freight can prove to be a cheaper solution if you ship small quantities or very light products.
- “Sea and Air” freight: combined freight solution
- Air freight is more expensive but faster.
- Finally, don’t forget to plan quality control of your goods before shipping: it’s the last time you will be able to refuse the merchandise. Remember to notify your manufacturer or forwarder about the inspection. Tell them when it will take place and who will carry it out.
- Confirm the incoterm used in quotation. Are you supposed to take possession of the merchandise once manufactured (ex-works) or when loaded on the cargo (Free On Board – FOB) ? The impact on total costs is obviously important, so pay attention because there are lots of incoterms.
- Review every detail; the forwarder must include all taxes and extra charges deriving from international shipping. If needed, you can ask forwarders to add insurance to the quote.
- Be sure that the freight quote you receive is all-inclusive and leaves no room for unexpected extra costs. Classical error at this level is the packaging, palletizing and labeling costs not being included in either contracts.
- Sea freight is cheaper but slower
Lastly, visit www.Geniusource.com and help you with all your need regarding with the topic 🙂
Contact us and we are happy to help you.